First of all can I just say that I am so excited for Christmas? If you compared the things that are currently coming out of my mouth, to basically anything Buddy the Elf says, you wouldn’t be able to tell who was who.
HAVING SAID THAT I’M IN DEBT UP TO MY EYEBALLS 😀
Don’t get me wrong, my favorite part of Christmas happens to be the gift shopping. I get so excited when buying stuff for my family and friends. But between the crowds of pushing grandmas I’m battling, the slow decline of my bank account and the slight stress of eating too many cookies (and not being able to zip up my favorite pants- hello leggings) I could definitely use a break.
Cue the sound of running water.
Yes my friends, it’s time for a bubble bath. Winter time is the perfect time for some relaxing bath salts and a long hot soak.
For those of you who didn’t know, bath salts are really ideal if you’re stressed. The epsom and himalayan salt can help relax your muscles when combined with hot water, making for a perfect bath aide.
This particular recipe is scented with peppermint essential oil and vanilla essential oil to smell like you’re soaking in a candy cane cloud. Ah, sounds perfect to me. And the peppermint smell is also a natural relaxer as well.
What you’ll need:
- a small bowl of epsom salt
- a small bowl of himalayan salt
- 20 drops of vanilla essential oil
- 20 drops of peppermint essential oil
- a container to store the salts
The recipe is pretty easy.
- Put the epsom salt into a small bowl.
- Add the vanilla essential oil in and stir (you can substitute vanilla extract if you don’t have the essential oil- although you’ll have to use more for the same strength in smell).
- Put the himalayan salt into a separate small bowl.
- Add the peppermint essential oil in and stir.
- Add small spoonfuls of each salt, alternating to look like a candy cane in a container.
- TAKE A BATH YA FILTHY ANIMAL
This also makes a great and affordable gift for your girlfriends or anyone in your life who appreciates anything organic and spa-like.
Enjoy the bath candy cane lovers!
With so much love,