As I was planning my DIY Christmas gift blogs out, I was struck by the urge to bake.
When I asked my family what cookies they were in the mood for they listed off about 10 different cookies I usually make around the holidays when I come home for Christmas. And since I graduated and live here now, I CAN ACTUALLY MAKE ALL OF THE COOKIES.
I decided to blog this because literally my favorite blog posts around the holidays are Christmas cookie blogs. They put me in the spirit right away and make me so excited for the holidays!
And so to get in the mood for Christmas I’m doing 7 days of Christmas cookies, starting with one of my favorite cookies, coconut macaroons.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Let’s get baking!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until you have medium-firm peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto cookie sheets with parchment paper (about an inch thick).
- Bake for around 18 minutes (longer if the cookies are bigger).
These cookies are honestly amazing. They’re also gluten free so if you know someone with celiac disease who has a sweet tooth they can enjoy these too!
I also like these cookies because while they’re festive and delicious, they’re unexpected for Christmas.
Happy baking beauty lovers!
With so much love,