Merry almost Christmas cookie lovers!
Today’s baked good is neither baked, nor a cookie.
HOWEVER! It is a fancy smancy homemade candy recipe that will impress your friends and family (and that cute co-worker who needs to get up the courage to ask you out already…get a move on buddy).
Truffles are actually really expensive when you buy them from a store, but pretty simple to make when you do it yourself. Here’s what you’ll need!
- 3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon prepared hazelnut coffee
- cocoa powder
Alright, let’s put Willy Wonka to shame guys!
- Heat the cream in a small pan until it boils.
- Pour while still hot through a shifter onto chopped up chocolate in a bowl.
- Whisk the chocolate and add in the coffee, vanilla, and liqueur.
- Once the mixture is lump free, let this set in the fridge until hard, about two hours.
- After it sets, use a tablespoon to shape the chocolate, roll with your hands and then roll in the cocoa powder. Let them harden in the refrigerator over night.
Try these out your next Christmas party! It’s really original and looks well thought out to bring a homemade candy. It also makes you look like you’ve got your life together (which may or may not be true).
With so much love,