Hello cookie lovers!
For the next cookie, I wanted to bake something special and sentimental. There’s nothing quite like food to remind you of someone you miss and love. And for me, I miss my grandmother every Christmas season.
My grandma used to bake the worlds best snowball cookies. My cousin Hannah and I could probably make them in our sleep. And everyone in the family L-O-V-E-S my grandmother’s Christmas snowball cookies. I’d even go as far to say that it doesn’t feel like Christmas without them.
I think I was most excited to bake these cookies out of all the cookies this year. So grandma, this one’s for you! I hope they still let ya bake in heaven, cause no one does it better.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar, plus more for rolling cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the over to 325 degrees F.
- Cream yo butter in a mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and gradually add in the confectioner’s sugar, beating until light and fluffy (like a teddy bear).
- Sift the flour and salt together. Add this gradually to the butter mixture.
- Add the walnuts last.
- Shape the dough into one inch balls and flatten them slightly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes!
- While still hot, roll them in powdered sugar. Then let cool and roll a second time.
Merry Christmas you baking fiend!
With so much love,